Saturday, January 9, 2010

First few days


Wow... I can't believe I am actually here! It seems so unreal, I still don't think I've processed it all. They had a wonderful welcoming ceremony last night, local style with a lua'u and everything! It was amazing! I have never seen anything like it! Everyone here is so welcoming.. it's very much appreciated.

I have 5 beautiful roommates: MingJu, Grace, Holly, Gracie, and Lauren. Holly, Lauren, Grace, and I are all in Fire and Fragrance, and MingJu and Gracie are in Arts and Entertainment. They're all lovely though. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful girls in my room!


Today was our first Saturday, which we have off! A huge group of fire and fragrance kids all went to the beach! We walked all the way down to Coconut Grove, and then got on a trolly that took us to this black sand beach. It was awesome! One of the guys with us is a local and his friend gave him a snorkel set so we all shared and got to snorkel around because there were tons of rocks and reefs on the bottom! I saw some of the most beautiful fish and even a sea urchin! It had legit pink, orange, and yellow spikes! Luckily I didn't step on it, because then someone would have had to pee on my foot. Awk. =)

Tonight our school is getting together to get to know everyone and sort of share testimonies and such. I'm really excited, but a little nervous. It's weird that no one here really knows anything about me or my past...

I miss everyone back home so much.. I can't thank you enough for all of your prayers. This is going to be such a trying time, but SO worth it.

Love you all

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment