Sunday, October 3, 2010

Outreach 2.0

Oh, how to begin…

Outreach has officially commenced, and been well underway for a week and a half now. Our team has been in Washington – Spokane, Marble, and Seattle – and speaking for myself, I am in love with this state. From the cool, fresh air, the beautiful mountains & glimmering lakes, to the towering buildings downtown and the quant little shops at Pikes Place market, with the smell of coffee around every corner… I could live here forever. [Jesus, please send me to Seattle]

As I embark on this second outreach, I feel from the Lord that it was going to look very different from before in regards to ministry. When ever I prayed about, I felt that this time was way more focused on relationship and discipleship, and turns out to be looking much like that. I asked the Lord to lead me to girls that I would be able to talk with, pray for, and encourage in their identity in the Lord. The past week at Seattle Pacific University, the Lord has been so faithful in leading me to girls that I instantly connected with and was able to talk to about things on the Lord’s heart. I met up with 6 girls individually for coffee and was able to talk with them about what it looks like to fully surrender everything for the Lord and live solely for Him. I was able to pray with them, encourage them, and was so blessed by the conversations. When I think about it, I am still so utterly overwhelmed by the fact that the Lord would trust me to speak into the lives of His little girls. [Jesus, you have so redeemed my life]

I would love to speak in detail of the conversations held between the girls and I, but they are simply too precious to speak so overtly about.

I will be continuing on in this journey at Oregon State University, and then moving down into California. I feel like quite the nomad, but am highly enjoying the adventure. Who knows what each stop will entail? But I have full expectation for what the Lord has in store at our next locations, and can’t wait to tell of my experience. [Jesus, you are faithful]

Until again...

“What is man, that you are mindful of him, or the son of man, that you care for him? You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor, putting everything in subjection under his feet.” Hebrew 2:6-8 [Jesus, thank you for using me to bring glory to your name]

No comments:

Post a Comment